What is SAS
What is the Sea-Air-Space Exposition?
The Navy League’s Sea-Air-Space Exposition was founded in 1965 as a means to bring the U.S. defense industrial base, private-sector U.S. companies and key military decision makers together for an annual innovative, educational, professional and maritime based event located in the heart of Washington, DC. Sea-Air-Space is now the largest maritime exposition in the U.S. and continues as an invaluable extension of the Navy League’s mission of maritime policy education and sea service support.
2014 Sea-Air-Space featured:
- More than 200 dynamic, innovative and sophisticated defense and maritime industry exhibits displaying the latest in technology and equipment.
- Abundant opportunities to learn about, test and see the most advanced military equipment.
- Professional development sessions featuring:
- High level discussions on important strategic policy issues.
- Panelists from the U.S. Departments of Defense, Homeland Security and State; the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard; and the Maritime Administration.
- The most up-to-the-minute developments in policy, programs and needs for the maritime services.
- Daily exhibit hall floor speaker sessions featuring:
- Tactical, real-life application perspectives.
- Speakers represent each of the sea services from the program level.
- Discussions of technology, programs and products currently in use.
- Discussions of technology applications and needs for the future.
The Sea-Air-Space Exposition will continue to support the mission of the Navy League and lead the way as “THE” Exposition to attend each year to display the most current information and technology relevant to maritime policy.